Monday, January 31, 2011

The first is the hardest

Hello world, This is my first time doing something like this so bear with me. My name is Jonathan, I live in southwest Florida. I decided to make a blog for the reason that there will be some interesting things happening in my life within the coming weeks that I want to share with anyone who is willing to lend a wandering eye. I will update my blog on a weekly to daily basis, it all depends if anything exciting happens, but isn't that always the case?

So lets start off no shall we? Today was a pretty average day, I woke up at 7 am along with my younger siblings (I have 5 of them) and while they were getting ready to go to school I was doing what some would call a miserable attempt at a work out. Benching and curling small weights (20 pounds), you see recently I started realizing that if you don't take care of yourself, no one else will. I am 5'9 and I weight 165, some may say that is normal, but looking like a teenager in her 3rd month of pregnancy doesn't really fit well in my book. After that I took a shower, I played a some littlebigplanet 2 for a little and then started to get ready to go to our store.

(Lets step aside for a little, I decided to not bore you to death and throw you my auto biography right from the get go, I will tell you more about myself as I progress with my blog in the future. Eventually you will know almost everything about me down to how I wipe.)

One of the things that I would like to share with you is that my family owns a small business, we deal with jewelry and western apparel. Right now times are a little tough so there are only a few people working in our store, I, my mother, and I friend of hers. Not exactly a Walmart chain but we get by. Today we got a huge order of merchandise, it's always funny when this happens because we are never aware of when are shipments are coming so when the ups truck parks in front of our store a mad frantic man hunt starts in search of the check book. I know deep down the ups man hates us for keeping him waiting but hey we all have our flaws. So we were mostly busy restocking and adding new merchandise today, that was until one of our most colorful customers walked through the door.

His name is George he likes to be called Honduras for the fact that he was was born there. I know not very creative. But we never criticize him, since he is one of our best customers. He came as he usually always does smelling like strong tequila and playing with his iPhone (he loves that thing with a passion). He usually tries to give me a lesson on how hard work can get you anywhere. I already know this though, my family came from living in work camps where my mom spent a few years picking in the fields, to selling curtains and jeans in our neighborhood, to setting up a stand at different flea markets from around our state, to finally opening up our own store, trust me, I know what hard work can do. After his speech I just nodded my head and rang up his total, $2,014. Did I forget to mention that he is very wealthy and likes to show it? He bought a dozen shirts, matching jeans, and a pair of boots. He went on his merry way as we wished him well and told him we hope to see him soon. For lunch I had a Caesar salad, its just another step towards my efforts to have a healthy life style. Nothing else out of the ordanry happened after that. So lets fast forward a little.

After we closed shop I went home and sent a text to my fiancee that I have arrived (I do this everyday so that she knows I have arrived home safely) I played with my friend matt online for a little, he is an interesting character. He pretends to be lady gaga's husband, yet he has never listened to any of her music other then bad romance and poker face. A weird person indeed, but I think it is weirder to be completely normal than to have nothing unique about yourself. At 7pm I called Ashley (my fiancee), we talked about the big event that is coming ahead. Well It is getting pretty late now, it is time for me to say goodnight. As I mentioned before, bare with me, eventually I will wrap you up in my world, or you will just get bored and move on. But I assure you that I do have an interesting tale to tell. I have never been good at saying goodbyes so I will just end this with a quote.

“Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.”

Good night .

1 comment:

  1. Welcome :)

    I Liked your blog title, I hope to see some more related material!

    ReplyDelete